Thursday, March 3, 2011

Light from underground.

Months ago I saw a documentary named "Catfish." It was an excellent film, but part of its charm was that no one had heard or seen it. Its like being part of the lucky few when you get to see something like that.  Now however, people are just realizing it exists and starting to watch it, and constantly talking about it.
Is this another way people see themselves as being alt?  Sometimes, its really unfortunate when the underground goes mainstream.  Part of the reason I like listening to bands people rarely hear of, or watching weird movies, and reading obscure novels is that its like my own little world and publicity ruins that.  It takes the closeness out of the relationship.
However, I suppose this constant chase is what will keep me working to stay one step ahead and always looking for the next great thing. I guess the mainstream can't exist without influence from underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment